Monday, March 18, 2013

Nerve Racking First Weekend

Who had more questions about Pastor Sell's first weekend in the pulpit? Pastor Sell or the congregation?

From my (Pr. Sell's) point of view, it was I.

As I said after the service, everyone was still awake... that's a good start. :)

Sure, I went over the bulletin when Gail sent it to me for my approval. Sure, I've prayed the liturgy before with many congregations. I've preached many children's sermons before. Used Divine Service I from the hymnal. I've celebrated communion too many times to count.

However, this was still different. Why? Because it was my first time shepherding Christ's flock at Our Savior.

Thanks for your patience as I began to familiarize myself with the sacred space of our church and her procedures inside and outside of the service. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you at the Congregational Assembly on Tuesday (7:10) night.

Sunday Morning Bible Study

Since I'm still familiarizing myself with things around OSL Church and School, My Sunday Bible Study is on Mt. 28. It is a four week study on the Great Commission. That will take us through two Sundays after Easter (No Bible study on Easter Sunday).

The Great Commission is exactly what you think it is - getting the Gospel out to the world. However, this study will put that common understanding into the context of Christ, His authority He gave to the Apostles, the Church (all believers), the Holy Spirit and the sacramental life.

Please join us for an in depth study in four weeks.

Up Next - Continued Preparation for Holy Week

Peace be with you.
prsell
Mt. 28:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment